Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What do 2 friends do on their Tuesday night?

Well if it's Alyson Clair and I there is always going to be a little silliness....



Here is our mascot of the night...I love Alyson's studio...It's filled with creative little creatures like snow leopards, pink unicorns, monster women, Zoolander and who knows what else...

Tonight I hung out at Nashionland (Nasty Fashion) making sure Alyson didn't cut her fingers off while we rolled out what will become 28 dresses made of Model. There will be 90 of these little black dresses this season...Sold at

Adorn NE Portland
Moxie NE Portland
Union Rose SE Portland
Velouria Seattle

Modal is made with cellulose from beech trees and is essentially a variety of rayon. It is about 50% more water-absorbent than cotton. Modal fabric has softness, good drape and is said to breath even better than cotton. Garments made in modal have anti-crease properties and are relatively easy care making it great for travel...




I love Clair Vintage Inspired Clothing You have to feel her fabrics and see her craftsmanship...

While Alyson cut...I pulled images from magazines to get ready for looks for this years Portland Fashion Week...This year I'm leading the team of Pureology Stylists in hopes of having finished, cohesive hair for this years event. These images give an idea of different parting options, hair textures, and styles... PFW is Oct. 6-10 Purchase tickets now using code Pureology05 to receive a discount:)


I tried on some scrap fabric and came up with this dressish design...I think I'll stick to hair... But, I do like it as an apron...And, you can't really see my scrap black headband... good times...


Alyson made these sweet curtains...I love love love this studio...It's full of magic...

3 comments:

  1. I <3 Nashionland! And I really, really hope you can bring your goal of cohesive hair at PFW to life... it'd be so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick hello from Lisa @ LeafandInk! Stopped by here to take a browse and really enjoyed the peak at your studio fun.
    Blessings!

    LeafandInk.com

    ReplyDelete