1. Do something fun every week.ideas
Learn how to use my nice camera.
Take a hair class
get out my sewing machine
find live music
Hike somewhere new lagoon in Cardiff
Dig a hole at the beach
Lake Dixon Camping
Peddle boat Lake Dixon
Play with Daniel with bubbles, whipped cream, messy day
2. Climb at the gym at least once a month.(This has to be a goal of mine because I gave it up to spend time with Daniel in 2016. I used to be there 3-6 times a week. But, I've been happy to invest my time building our relationship. It's been amazing.)
3. Read a book.Hahaha as a new mom simple things like reading and personal time have been a real challenge. This will feel like a huge accomplishment.
4. Organize my passwords by the end of March.
5. Put Effort into Halloween and Christmaswork on family costume starting in September
decorate for Christmas or go to relatives
Some things I'm thankful for and want to carry on from 2016
3. Moving to our new place and setting it up as our home
baking cookies, banana bread, trying new recipes
4. Game nights with friends
As we pass the midpoint of the year, I'm excited to see what I've accomplished and what still needs to happen!
1. Learn how to use my nice camera..... STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Take a hair class... Hattori Hanzo cutting class in January with Ryan Teal
Aquarium.... I've gone every month
Bubble Museum.... Realized there is no bubble museum, but Josh and I have been to the New Children's Museum downtown and LOVED IT!
Shadow puppets.... yep..Check.. little bunny foo foo watch out!
get out my sewing machine... STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN
practice guitar...STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN
find live music...saw Phoenix thanks to Lydia Mcdonald
Hike somewhere new lagoon in Cardiff.. great family day!!!
Dig a hole at the beach... check!
Lake Dixon Camping... STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN.. waiting for cooler weather
Peddle boat Lake Dixon....STILL NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Play with Daniel with bubbles, whipped cream, messy day... check
2. The climbing gym happened Jan, Feb, Mar, maybe April.. NOPE May, June:(
3. Book! LOVED reading Hans Florine's book On The Nose. I had a goal to read 1-3 pages a day which was sometimes more. It was so funny to me reading a speed climbing book as slow as possible. I loved that Josh knew all about the route, the history, the climbers in the story. It was great sharing funny sections with him. We went to hear Hans Florine speak on his tour last year to SD. I had seen him speak 14 years ago. So, this was a real treat reading his book. And, Josh stayed at his house.. I'M JEALOUS!
4. Organize passwords.. I've got much more control of this situation!!! And, it's been wonderful!
5. Halloween/ Christmas.. I've got some ideas
From last year I've carried forward
-Daniel's library class
-Making our place a home.. I've baked a lot of cookies and banana bread.. My favorite new recipes are for meatballs, quiche, and learning to use our crockpot.
-I've been thankful for the few game nights with friends. The laughs have filled my heart!
-Del Mar concerts are starting up again.. So excited to try to make that happen again!
All in all I'm happy with were I am in 2017!!!!! I'm glad I still have some New Year's goals to work for!!