Sunday, July 18, 2010

NAHA (North American HairStylist Award) July 18, 2010






OMG!!! I just finished watching the first ever NAHA Awards streaming live on hairdesignertv.com, and it reminded me of why I LOVE my industry...as if I ever could forget...

It is a reminder to keep working and trying to create something new to keep yourself excited. There are so many possibilities in color, cuts, shapes, textures, makeup, clothes, lighting... The hairdressers thank their partners and families, other stylists for inspiration and support, product companies for supporting/launching their careers, and the clients. We can never forget the clients. You encourage us to stay on top of our craft so we can give you the very best. We can only give what we have. So, that is why I strive to always be better than I was the day before...always learning, trying, and listening...

Here is my NAHA entry from this year...I was inspired around Halloween to work with Afro wigs...thinking I would do a shoot about clowns...it totally evolved from their into something theatrical and beautiful...This is what I came up with...



Thank you to my amazing team...

Photographer: Carl Evans
Makeup: Terri Lodge
Wardrobe: Rebecca Westby
Models: Cora Benesch
Eric Dierking
Andrina Kaupert
Kacy Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment