Friday, April 9, 2010

Time for an inspiration session at Salon Capelli

Model: Katherine Hart Option MM
Makeup: Terri Lodge Option MM
Wardrobe: Rebecca Westby
Hair: Kira Pinski

I've been feeling inspired..I just went to 2 classes the past 2 mondays 1 updo and 1 cutting/styling curly hair. I think I'm ready again mentally to teach that next styling class:) Anyone interested? These happen about twice a year. I've done 5 so far...of this class..It varies every time... I'm thinking no more than 8 people. $65 for 3 hrs.

I need at least 3 people to do the class.

Who: for hairdressers/ makeup artists already skilled in basic hair techniques
What: Styling down and building updos
When : April 26th 10:30-1:30
Where: Salon Capelli
2655 NW Vaughn St.
Portland, OR 97210
we have a parking lot.

Space is limited to 8 stylists and 8 models
Cost: $65 for stylists/mua
Models: $10 for 1 hr 1/2 styling...great for brides looking for ideas, someone who loves to have their hair played with...no cutting involved only styling for a class. 11:30-1:30

Break down of the day:

first hour technique

we can do whatever you want really I'm going to gear it toward what people want to learn and will be asking in email before the class key techniques to focus on...

I'm thinkng...

french twists

chignons( buns)

faux bob

incorporating braids

different hair textures to create with irons/wrapping objects

mad men hair sectioning and creating

at least 2 ways to use hair nets

these are all just a few ideas

10 min. break.


hopefully 1-4 hands on individual..maybe even switching models
working on models while I walk around and give at least 8 min. of individual attention to everyone..some more..some a little less and maybe connecting people together to try things if i see someone has a skill at something they can show someone else during the small group/individual time.

10 min. break

last 10-15 min. discuss wrap up.

I will have pictures for ideas that day..kind of like a bridal consultation or photo shoot.. and, I you can check out my bridal section on flickr or any images on there for kind of what I do...or my website...

This will be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment