Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Collection of Vintage American snapshots by Robert E. Jackson


Plywerk, a green Portland company that prints your art onto bamboo mounts, brought this show to my attention. They mounted my 3 images that I will be showing Aug. 6th at EWF Modern. Plywerk hand-crafted 40+ enlargements of Jackson's images for this show.

Head over to Ampersand this Wednesday and Thursday for the opening of "Out of the Booth" and check out images from the Robert E. Jackson collection. Jackson has assembled what many consider the foremost collection of vintage American snapshots, a studied activity that culminated in 2007 exhibition at the National Gallery.

Robert E. Jackson Opening @ Ampersand
Wednesday July 29th, 6 - 10pm@NE 29th & Alberta

I didn't do any hair for this, but I'm hoping to gain inspiration from the images at the event:)

No comments:

Post a Comment